Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Julie

All Stories by Date | All Stories by Title
Julie Chapter 1
Plasterman, 2005-10-02 09:21
Previous (More Than He Bargained For Chapter 3) | Next (Julie Chapter 2)
Hello, I'm Julie. For the past number of years I have been a student at a prestigious New England college but I recently graduated, with honors in a magna cum laude status, but with a major problem: due to the bad economy I've been unable to find a job. My major was art history, with a minor in sociology. I had a 3.9 cumulative average, and finished just 2nd in my class ranking, with another girl who had a 4.0 being the valedictorian. So, since I graduated in May, I've been applying for various jobs that I believed I qualified for, but most required computer knowledge, which I've lacked up until a month ago, when the settlement check on a wrongful death lawsuit finally came through. My parents died a year ago in a terrible car crash, and there was a dispute as to who was at fault: the driver for not fixing his car's brakes, or the manufacturer who made the car with faulty brakes which had resulted in a recall, of which the communication thereof was not made known to the driver, who therefore never got the recalled components fixed. He tried to stop at an intersection but couldn't and, having total brake failure, hit my parents' car broadsided at 50 mph.
The check ended up being for 20 million dollars, which helped me pay, among many other things, for the remainder of the mortgage of my parent's house, a new car, and my student loans. It also helped me to finally purchase a new, state of the art computer system. Since I was now able to take a home study course, I took and completed a medical billing course, and armed with my completion certificate, I now took it upon myself to apply for medical billing jobs for various doctor's offices and hospitals. Out of 25 applications, I received an enthusiastic call from a bright young independent orthopedic doctor who was just establishing his practice. I for one, never had broken a limb but I had several friends who had done so and had to wear a cast. I always wanted to know what it would be like to wear a cast, bit I never realized just how familiar I'd become about wearing them! The following is the story as to how that came about.
I made an appointment to meet Dr James Michaelson, whom i'll refer to from here on as James. I found his office in the new medical office complex built at the site of an old hospital which had been shut down for years. His office was well appointed and it had all new equipment, which James showed and described to me during that first interview, including a cast room with a special casting table, and an x-ray machine room. James, after the tour was over, asked me what I thought about his office, described what kind of work I'd be expected to do, which included billing the medical insurers, and procuring any medical equipment patients would need which included braces, wheelchairs, walkers and crutches. After I told him that I had expected all of this, he asked me another question, which I somewhat hoped he would ask, but didn't expect him to, which was "have you ever worn a cast?". I answered no, but I said that I still felt I could do the job adequately, but he replied,"maybe for other doctors, but not for me. I am inclined to hire you, but in order for me to really know how you will take to the job, I think it would be best if you wore a relatively small cast for a couple of weeks, just to get the feel of it. I will then give you a verbal test, and based on your reactions, I will come to a final decision. I have 5 other people doing the same thing for me!" He gave me a choice of having a short leg cast, requiring for me to be on crutches, or a short arm cast including my thumb, on my non-dominant arm. Much to his surprise, I picked both, because I didn't need a job right away but merely wanted one to keep busy and help society plus my desire to find out what it's like to wear a cast, for which wish this handsome young doctor was granting!
Next (Julie Chapter 2)
by Date | All Stories by Title
Julie Chapter 2
Plasterman, 2005-10-02 09:48
Previous (Julie Chapter 1) | Next (Julia Chapter 3)
James was surprisingly very adept at applying a cast, applying pink fiberglass casts on my left arm and right leg, after wrapping each in stockinette and then the cotton padding. He made a short leg walking cast which had a heel built into the cast, which made it very easy, albeit with a limp, to walk. I agreed to wear the casts from September 15 until the 30th, as his 5 other finalists were also doing, so we could take simultaneous verbal tests. I left the office cheerfully sporting my casts, but the doctor advised me to act more naturally, and told me that the explanation to other people about the casts would be a broken ankle and wrist, from falling down some stairs. The advise helped me tremendously so that I wouldn't be at a lack for words and many people asked me about the casts, as I attended various parties and went to malls as I usually did. Finally, September 30 arrived and I went back to his office. I felt like a real orthopedic patient, as I saw the other five candidates, 4 female and one male, each with their own mandated cast, all looking very solemn but each one, to a man, except for me, all excited to have the cast removed! James finally called me into the office. I noticed that prior to being called into the office, not ONE other candidate had saved their cast. Remembering this fact, after James asked me several questions which included about how I felt wearing the cast, how restricted did I feel and what sort of daily tasks did I realize that I could and could not perform, I asked him if it were permissable to save my casts, and if not, why couldn't I and the others do so. Again, I noticed that strange look of pleasant surprise on James' face and immediately, he gave me a different answer from what I was expecting. He suddenly announced that I would be the one hired and asked me if I could start the job on the following Monday, when his office had its grand opening!
He divulged further that I was the FIRST one who asked to save the casts and that hinted that I was like-minded to him and his family, all of whom were involved in orthopedics to some degree or another. It would help us work together in better harmony as his preference was to apply casts for all manner of maladies and injuries, and that this wasn't the usual case, as current orthopedic practices were leaning away from doing so. He wanted someone enthusiastic about casts. I was very happy about being hired, and he was again very ahppy that I wasn't too demanding about salary or benefits. My being less demanding about that would help him establish his practice more easil and would lessen his operating costs. No one else could compete with my lowest pay bid, which would be for merely minimum wage and he could decide later how much to pay me! I went home happily with my freshly removed casts in a large plastic shopping bag and planned to buy sports tape so I could wear the casts over the weekend when I went out and when I went to bed.
Next (Julia Chapter 3)
by Date | All Stories by Title
Julia Chapter 3
Plasterman, 2005-10-02 10:34
Previous (Julie Chapter 2) | Next (Julia Chapter 4)
I enjoyed that first weekend tremendously, and was planning to go to the mall again on Sunday to shop for clothing while wearing the casts fastened together with the sports tape, but I received an unexpected call on my cellphone. It turned out to be James and he asked me if I could meet him at the hospital where his father Stewart, another orthopedic doctor, worked. He said that he changed his mind about hiring me for the job, which made my heart sink, but he continued that he wanted to make a better offer to me that he knew I would enjoy even more. He said it was to be a surprise, but just to clear the day and show up in Dr Stewart's orthopedic clinic on this day where no one else was to be there.
I'm not good at directions but I managed to get an orderly to show me the way. I still had the cast on, so, thinking I was just a patient with a special appointment, the orderly assumed I was in pain because of the casts on my arm and leg, and asked me if I would like to be in a wheelchair instead of making the long walk. i said yes, that would help tremendously, but he didn't realize I had said so because I wanted to know what it would be like to be rolled down hospital corridors in a wheelchair as I had never done so! He propped my leg up on the elevating legrest and placed apillow under it, making it very comfortable. It took 15 minutes of him pushing the wheelchair before we made it to the clinic and the orderly, Rickie Ross, announced my arrival to Dr Stewart Michaelson, and he and his son promptly came out of a conference room to greet me. Both, again, seeing me in the wheelchair, showed that same look of pleasant surprise and after wheeling me into the main casting room, both placed me on the casting table. They asked me, before taking any action, if I would like to wear any other types of casts. James mentioned a medical study being done with 40 other adult women, on bone loss due to long term immobilization. The term would be 12 weeks, the choice of casts would be mine. I in turn would be paid $10000 which would work out to be about $900.00 per week. I liked the idea, so, since I wanted to have a full realistic wheelchair experience, decided upon two long leg casts. They both smiled and said very well and proceeded to remove, with my advised approval, my clothing. My pants and panty hose were removed, and both started to work on my legs. Stewart on my left, James on my right. They appled the stockinettes and then the cast padding, but this time used very heavy plaster. I felt a warming sensation on my legs which alarmed me, but James said it was quite normal because it was a property of plaster to become that way. The plaster bandages were then molded very carefully to the contour of my long legs, with a slight bend at the knees. I assumed they were finished, but then James announed that my underpants had to be removed immediately, they had forgotten to do so in the beginning. I then became extremely nervous, thinking I was going to be a victim of sexual assault in my new helpless state, but the nurse Jessica was summoned and she comforted me and explained that it was necessary because I was to have a spreader bar placed on my legs and in order to be able to perform my bodily functions, the underwear absolutely had to be removed. I consented and James continued the procedure, after Jessica carefully slid off my panties down my freshly casted legs. James then proceeded to place a stick across my legs, with my legs spread 2 1/2 feet apart. I felt very exposed as I realized the stick was to be fastened to the cast with plaster bandages wrapped thickly at the end of each stick and around each cast. I was then placed on a hospital bed by both James and Stewart and wheeled to the orthopedic ward. I was also registered as an overnight patient and assigned a bed, for 6 full weeks!
Jessica accompanied me and introduced me to my new roommate. Her name was Marnie, and was in the largest cast I had ever seen! It was a full body cast, which held her left arm in close proximity to her body, incorporating it into the body portion of the cast, her right arm was off to the side but joined to the body portion as a shoulder spica, and the cast went down to the toes of each leg. The cast also covered her head, and had an opening only for her left eye, her nose and mouth. Her right eye was covered as well as her ears, and her head was tilted way back as far as it seemed to possibly go, so all she could look at was the ceiling!
Next (Julia Chapter 4)
Stories by Date | All Stories by Title
Julia Chapter 4
Plasterman, 2005-11-03 15:52
Previous (Julia Chapter 3) | Next (Julia Chapter 5)
I greatly enjoyed those first 6 weeks of immmobilization in the stretched out long leg casts and especially in the company of the other volunteers who had taken the more intense forms of immobilization that I had chosen. Out of the 40 women, 20 were allowed to have the standard single cast, given as the choice of either a long leg cast or long arm cast, on the secondary limb. Our group was allowed the choice of cast, but had to include a minimum of 2 limbs. Half of us chose 2 limbs and the remaining 10 had 3 or all 4 limbs immobilized. Sharon was one who chose to have the most extreme cast. After I met Marnie, whom I had thought had the most extreme cast I had ever seen, with her shoulder spica and long arm cast joined to a double hip spica, with part of the head covered and tilted way back. However, Sharon had a combination double shoulder and hip spica joined as a full body cast, with her full head covered except she was intubated with a breathing tube down the throat and intravenous lines fed through windows cut into the cast on either arm. Because of the extreme casting, she was to be put out with a long term drug rendering her unconscious throughout the whole period of 12 weeks, in order that she not experience the boredom of total darkness and sensory deprivation, Her cast had her left arm casted against the body and her right arm casted off to the side, but all fingers were covered by the cast as well up to the very fingertips. I was able to feed myself as my arms were free of any cast. At every two week interval, a bone density study was done to see the amount of bone loss. We also had no calcium intake so that there would be a more accurate assessment of how much calcium already in the body was metabolized, absorbed and secreted. We all understood that the end result of this was risky but the pay made it worth it, and it helped that most of us were cast fetishists who knew that the calcium deprivation would make us greatly more prone to fractures.
Alyssa, who had both arms in long arm thumb/finger spica casts was among the first to find this out. She was in the hospital with the rest of us as a test inpatient. After 6 weeks, her casts were removed. She was a full time model who could afford the time off, but she also liked the money but was not expecting what happened. After having the arm casts removed, she walked to the hospital cafeteria with an assistant to help feed her as her arms were still very stiff and thin from atrophy. She tripped down the stairs after missing a step and fractured both arms for real. Since she agreed to sigh a release of liability in which the hospital could not be sued as a reult of any injury arising from the cast, her case proved to be very helpful in studying the effect of the bone loss. Bothe of her arms were placed in plaster long arm casts from the bottom of the fingers to the armpits but she was released to stay with her boyfriend who also happened to be a cast fetishist and he relished the prospect of doing EVERYTHING for Alyssa for the next 4 months in which she was to be casted!
At the end of my 6 week period of the stretched out leg casts, they were removed, I was allowed to keep them
and my choice of the second half was to be cast free or to have new cast applied to allow for the atrophy and to maintain the prolonged immobilization. I decided on having new casts applied and the new one was a standard double hip spica with the knees and hips slightly bent to allow me to sit in a wheelchair. The hospital's medical study budget approved the second 6 week stay for me and I was placed in a triple room accomodating me, Marnie and Sharon. It was very interesting for me to have barely audible conversations with Marnie through her cast which covered her mouth but now her jaw was wired for the second half and her cast was to be almost the same as Sharon's except Marnie still had one eye free and was kept awake.
Next (Julia Chapter 5)
Stories by Date | All Stories by Title
Julia Chapter 5
Plasterman, 2005-11-03 17:05
Previous (Julia Chapter 4) | Next (Krissy's Christmas Present Chapter 1)
Marnie somehow managed to talk to me through her voluntarily wired jaw and it made me a much better listener. We talked about everything and especially how she loved being in casts and she wasn't bored by being held firmly in everyway by her thick, heavy, unyielding plaster shell which enveloped her from head to toe. She knew the experience could end up putting her in a wheelchair for life because of the combination of atrophy and bone loss but she had been a wheelchair pretender for quite some time as well. I asked her about why her boyfriend never vistited her and she replied, in her usual muffled way that every one of her previous boyfriends had left her after a short while because thay couldn't cope with her cast fetish which compelled her to always wear wrist, knee and ankle splints or her obligatory recreational cast she had applied herself, in a fairly skillfull way, once or twice a year. Her favorite cast was long leg casts. Her bad luck streak was to run out very shortly, as my boyfriend/ doctor came by everyday and Marnie noticed how he loved the way my leg casts accentuated the shape of my long legs. She blurted out one day to Dr James Stewart, my boyfriend, that "he must be awfully proud of his handiwork in making those casts'" coming out of her wired jaw mouth, it sounded like "mmmmmmph mpppppppppppppphhhhhhhh Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmppppppppphhhh" so I had to interpret it for him and his eyebrows arched and he grinned. He walked over to her and said to her softly, "off the record, please, Marnie, I've always liked seeing how a cast looked on a young, trim woman amd so hasn't my Dad as well! Please don't take it as sexual harassment but this was was motivated us into this field of work to have the opportunity to put women in casts!" She said she understood and was that way herself but in that she knew some guys did like casts as she always noticed that the casted girls in high school always seemed to get more attention than when they weren't injured and she wanted to fell that same attention. She had fabulous looks, being blonde and long limbed and looked great in a bikini but the guys she attracted were the type who like very active women who would attend to their needs and not be a helpless damsel. Her looks actually scared away the very men she wanted to ask her out which were the nerdy bookish types and she was too shy and conservative to ask them herself.
Dr Stewart giggled and said "What if I could introduce you to an understudy of mine who is ready to graduate med school who might actually fit that billing?" Her eyes widened and she said she'd love to, but only if she could end the situation of her wired jaw. He agreed and removed the wiring within an hour's time. He told her that he would bring the intern down to participate in the case study and to see if they'd "hit it off". The night went very slow for Marnie and she couldn't sleep at all, excited at the prospect of meeting a man who could be her type. I tried to alternately entertain her or bore her to sleep by singing in my offtone voice but all I succeeded in doing was to make her laugh and have hiccups all night. By the time 9:00 rolled around she was so tired she could barely keep her eye(s) open, but suddenly in walked Dr Stewart, his father Dr Stew Stewart and the young intern. Dr Stewart introduced him as Kevin Waldborg. I noticed that when he walked in and saw us, a bulge suddenly appeared under his white frock and he started grinning as he probably never saw so much plaster on any woman, let alone three beautiful ones, two who resembled well molded Greek or Roman female statues of plaster because of the plaster covering nearly every square inch of Marnie's and Sharon's bodies and half of mine up to just below the breasts. Marnie's uncovered eye widened and she suddenly seemed very alert, seeing Kevin with his horn rimmed crooked glasses, his generally slightly disheveled appearance and boyish bangs of hair covering his forehead. After an hour, it was quite clear that they had quite some chemistry between them and they exchanged phone numbers through my writing for her as her arms were still fully immobilized in the bodycast.
The twelfth week came, Marnie and I became best of friends, and Sharon was taken out of her bodycast along with the rest of us and when she came to, she thought only 3 days had passed instead of 3 whole months! She was filled in with all the details of what happened, she was somewhat shocked at how small her arms in legs became through atrophy and she asked if she could be serial casted to regain her range of motion. She was put in that program of having her cast changed once a week and had her arms and legs adjusted in angles ever so slightly in the process. her serial casting program would keep her in 4 casts for an additional YEAR as well as 10 months in a wheelchair as she was too weak to walk. Dr Stewart and Dr Waldborg kept me and Marnie in their respective homes to take care of us and we agreed to be kept in casts, not out of medical necessity but because we absolutely wanted to be casted. The first day, I got to meet his family, which was a strange but wonderful experience all in itself.
Next (Krissy's Christmas Present Chapter 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment